Zach, the Rock Star

Last night I had the pleasure of photographing Zach for his senior portraits. He and his family (from Colorado) were visiting Los Angeles over the weekend and hired me to squeeze in a few senior portraits that night while they were here. As soon as the family arrived, the sun dove behind a cloud and was never seen again.

This was a test in lighting improvisation.




We grabbed a couple flashes and went to town. We had to act quickly as the lighting was changing by the minute. I think I used every piece of equipment I had in my bag. I even used the snoot I made for one of the flashes out of a mini cereal box and black tape (thanks to Strobist for the idea!). The whole family helped assist. Ken (uncle) held a reflector, while Lynn (cousin) and Luke each held the flashes. We had a great time experimenting with different lighting ideas and looks.







In the end, I think we were able to create some really cool images, and Zach ended up looking like a rock star. And chicks dig that :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy:
It was great to meet you. Love the pictures that I am seeing here.
I know the lighting wasn't the best but you did a great job pulling it off.
Keep up the great work.
Blessings;

Mary wilmes